Monday, June 13, 2011

Jazzy Rebound



Jazzy has been feeling a lot better over the last several weeks. She has had no coughing, congestion, or drainage. I started lightly lunging her a couple of weeks ago just a few days a week and doing some groundwork. She has done well and still no coughing. A lot of times with the COPD, it is aggravated by exercise, so I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to go back to work. I was honestly just thrilled she was feeling better. But two weekends ago, on a whim, after lunging her I hooked her lead rope to her halter like reins and climbed on board. Again, the extra weight usually causes a coughing fit, but she stood quietly. So this weekend I put her bridle on her and climbed on board bareback and walked her around the arena. She was a little nervous (due to being sick she hasn't been ridden in close to a year, and the girth of the saddle would cause her discomfort) but again...no coughing! She settled into the walk and was an angel the whole time. I don't want to push her too hard too fast, but I'm so excited about the progress I'm seeing! I'm going to try to saddle her next and see how she feels about that. She's been dying to get out and do some work, when we go out to her pasture for any horse other than her, she will follow you around putting her head in the halter! I just love this horse and am so glad she's starting to feel herself again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment