Friday, December 5, 2014

Tough Post, We miss you Johnny

So this post has taken entirely too long to write, but mainly because it was too hard to talk about. I'm going to keep it brief since it is still hard to think about.

After several months of treatment for his seizures Johnny appeared to be seizure free. Faith even took him for a ride. She had been looking forward to getting back on him, little did we know that it was to be there last ride together. Only two weeks after taking him off the medication his seizures violently returned. We had to make one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make with my horses...to put him down. It didn't seem fair, he was so young, so sweet.

Faith was so brave, wanting to stay with him until the end. I was so sad for her, yet so proud of her all at the same time. I'm sure there is lots more I could say...but I just can't. Instead, here are a few pictures of our beautiful boy. I hope he's running free in the big pasture in the sky, pain free, fat and happy. He leaves a huge whole in our hearts that will be impossible to fill.


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss! We too have experienced having to make that decision - my daughter's event horse had a career ending injury 3 yrs ago. Having to go thru the heartbreak yourself is one thing but watching your daughter go thru it...words cannot express. Keeping your family in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! We think of him everyday.

    ReplyDelete