Sunday, July 3, 2011

The "Bombproof" Horse

I'm not a believer in the bombproof horse. All horses are capable of being scared, nervous, and frightened. Even the most trained, socialized, and experienced horses may encounter something that they strongly feel may eat them and they should sacrifice their rider and make a run for it. I do however have to give all of our lesson horses and ponies a big round of applause after this weekend. It's 4th of July weekend, and I live in the south....add those together and you get fireworks being set off as early as 10am going until late into the evening. Despite it all, our lessons managed to go smoothly. Not one critter spooked! That's a win in my book!

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday!

1 comment:

  1. I always say that the only truly "bombproof" horse is blind, deaf, and chronically lame in all four legs.

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete