Saturday, January 7, 2012

Darn Holidays and Big Butts

I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of year. Ice skating downtown, pretty lights twinkling everywhere, trees up in every home, shopping, hot chocolate, egg nog, the family all getting together, good food. What's not to love! Well other than holiday traffic, over 2 months of non stop Christmas music in every store you step in, and the present you need to buy being mysteriously sold out absolutely everywhere you go. But seriously, I love the holidays. Unfortunately, my butt, thighs, and tummy do not. I knew I would not be able to stay on my diet through the holidays and didn't even try, knowing I would end up eating anyways and just feel guilty afterwards. Instead I vowed I would eat what I wanted....in moderation, and just try to maintain my weight through the holidays and then go back on my diet afterwards. It worked, I neither gained nor lost a pound the whole time! I was very excited. I have 18 more pounds to lose before I hit my goal weight and I'm hoping to reach it before show season starts back in March. While keeping a steady weight through the oh so tempting holidays turned out to be easier than I thought, going back on my diet post holidays has been tough. I am sticking with it though and each day I get better. I've had to go back to tracking my food intake for now, just to get myself back on track. For any of you out there dealing with the post holiday diet....You Can Do It! Stick with it! I just keep reminding myself that Pilgrim really appreciates it when I ditch the donut for the oatmeal and fresh fruit! =) That and riding breeches look so much better when your are not bulging out of them! Instant inspiration for weight loss = 1 pair of white full seats

No comments:

Post a Comment