Monday, February 27, 2012

Round and Round We Go

I rode Johnny again on Friday but it had rained really hard overnight and early in the morning and the round pen was wet and slick. I decided I would try to ride him in the arena. We did lots of circles but it was a lot for him to handle and it took him a long time to settle in and relax. It was really windy and loud which was not helping either. I wanted to do some trot but knew I was asking for a disaster in the arena so I brought him back to the round pen and prayed it would be okay. It was pretty slick so we didn't do too much but I got a couple nice times around each direction and called it a day. I was disappointed not to be able to do more but I had to take what I could get.

My Saturday was absolutely insane with lessons. I already had several scheduled and had to add some reschedules from a rainy day during the week. So I ended up going nonstop from 10:30am to 5:00pm with no breaks. Needless to say I did not get a chance to ride Johnny. We had Show Team practice on Sunday and we decided to head in a little early so I could ride him and Chuck was able to get a few pictures. No video yet but we will get to that. Johnny did great, even with lots of distractions as team members started showing up and getting horses and tack out and horse trailers started rolling in. Lots of commotion and he was solid as a rock. He tried to look around a few times but with a little wiggle of the inside rein he focused right back on what he was doing. I kept him solely in the round pen since it was drier and it went well.
I can't wait for his Dressage bridle to come in! Black with Silver trim.
He looks so small! I've never measured him but I would guess Johnny at about 14.3 hh, I'm 5'9".....keep that in mind when looking at the pictures. 
He had some nice moments.
Work it Cash!
So Handsome!
I gave Johnny Monday off since I had several lessons plus a horse in training to be ridden. I did get a chance to work Jazzy in the morning and she did a lesson for me this afternoon. I was very excited to see her feeling better again. She loves to get out and be apart of everything. I am going to ride the Cash again tomorrow and I plan on starting him in the round pen and then sending him into the arena for the rest of his ride. I want to do some figure eights and serpentine. It will start to allow him to have some straight but not enough to get too carried away, but I'm hoping with more room I can push him a little more forward in his trot. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment