Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow, Snow, Go Away

Looking out my front door!
It may be pretty, but right now it's been a real pain in my butt! I've been snowed in for the last few days. That means no work...no riding...no money! Thank god for Heather, Cindy, and Jane....all keeping check on the critters on the farm while I'm stuck at home, going a little stir crazy.

The kids have been really good, but apparently will be in school until July at the rate it's going. They have been doing okay being stuck at the house, Faith especially has actually been really helpful around the house.

On a bright note my house is clean and laundry is caught up. Enjoy it now family! I have also been cooking up a storm...trying new recipes and revisiting old favorites. I thought I would share one of our family favorites that us adults find super yummy, the kids like too, and it's under 300 calories! (Important for my "After the holidays I have to get my butt back in shape for this year's show season" diet)

STUFFED PORKCHOPS
These are easy to make, delicious, healthy, and look impressive enough to serve to company and make them say Ooohhhhh! For the kids I give them either some mac and cheese or applesauce while the husband and I eat them with a side of steamed veggies to keep it healthy.







1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 small jar diced pimientos
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 bone-in pork rib chops (also the butterfly cut pork chops work well too, just fold over to fill...I sometimes substitute when the store doesn't have thick cut bone-in chops.)

1) In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn, stuffing mix, corn, pimientos, salt, cumin, and pepper. Cook 1-2 more minutes.

2) Cut a pocket in each pork chop by making a horizontal slice almost to the bone; fill with stuffing, secure with toothpicks if necessary. (If any stuffing is left over I like to spread over the top of the porkchops)

3) Place in large baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving.

1 porkchop is 297 calories! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment