Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Christmas Decoration Recycling Program

Occasionally I watch the show "Cougar Town". Not my favorite by far, but on a night when nothing else is on in that time frame, it fills a void. As I was driving home from picking up the kids from school today I was reminded of the last episode that I watched. For Valentines Day Ellie's husband gathered all the towns left out Christmas decorations and they burned them in their subdivision cul de sac. Ellie was thrilled and thought it was so romantic. I giggled at the time, but today I realized that might not be such a bad idea as I saw several houses with lights hanging by a thread, fallen over candy canes, deflated Santas and Snowmen, and wreaths that were now little more than sticks with bows. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas...it is the most wonderful time of the year and what not......but it's February people! It's time to take them down. I may have to start a decoration recycling program, maybe I can turn them into cool jumps for the ponies. Any volunteers to donate their time to a good cause? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment