Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day


Valentines Day is just around the corner. The time when most people think of cheesy cards, chocolates, and stuffed animals of all shapes and sizes. Well, either that or stocking up on liquor, anti-depressants, and kleenex. I find myself feeling a bit more like it's Thanksgiving. When I think of Valentines I of course think of Chuck and I am reminded of how thankful I am to have him in my life. He has been such a blessing and with him I feel finally complete.

After all my lessons yesterday, Chuck and I celebrated Valentines early. Monday is such a crappy day for it to fall on, so with the kids off to Grams for the weekend, we went home and showered and changed. I got to dress up and actually look like a girl again....on most days this is a major accomplishment when I tend to come home in boots, breeches, covered in dirt,horse hair, hay, sweat and an unidentified smell. We went out to dinner with no reservations. We're rebels like that. That also meant we had to find a place without an hour wait for a table. We finally settled at The Crown and Goose, an English pub in the Old City. We had been meaning to try there, but hadn't gotten to it yet. It was really good! We definitely have to go back. After dinner we went to see the play Heather was in. It was funny and she was excellent...hands down the star of the show. After, we all went out for coffee and dessert before heading home for the evening.

Today is suppose to be beautiful, the start of a week of really nice weather....is that Spring I smell coming? We are taking advantage of a nice day and heading to the farm. I'm going to work Pilgrim and Johnny while I let Chuck ride the Walking Horse Mint Chocolate. Hopefully we can get some good pictures and video.

4 comments:

  1. In case it isn't obvious to anyone who has been reading this blog - I am the luckiest guy in the world :-)

    I debated commenting on Mary's blog because I didn't want to feel like I was intruding on the place where she likes to write and unwind even though she has told me to feel free to comment. I'm taking her up on it today just to say how much I love her and how thankful I am for the family and the life we are creating together. Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the truth is, is that valentines day is just another "holiday" for the corporate giants such as walmart. People forget what valentines day is even really about. Its good that you and chuck(dad) have struck a balance. I think most couples are caught up in buying some flowers, goin out to dinner, and gettin laid. Thats all we really want at the end of valentines day right? Im glad you guys are happy:) i look forward to more topics i can challenge you guys on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, like Mary, tend to think of Valentine's day as a sort of "Thanksgiving" day where I can think about all of the people in my life whom I love. Everyone knows I love my kids and grandkids, but Chuck I want you to know that I love you as a member of this family also. You treat my daughter like a queen and her children like, well, like they should be treated. So it looks like we are all very blessed that you two found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dressage is an equestrian sport and art that involves a series of movements to create a balanced and ride-able horse. The first writings of dressage date back to Xenophon around 400 BC. Dressage today has evolved into a highly competitive sport with expensive, well bred horses competing for titles worldwide. When most people consider a suitable dressage mount, a warmblood or warmblood cross is the first choice. However, off track Thoroughbreds (OTTBs) make willing, suitable dressage partners. We will look at some of the considerations necessary in retraining an OTTB for dressage sport. showjump horses

    ReplyDelete